Sunday, August 19, 2007

special.

last night my besties threw me a surprise birthday party.
it was The Best.
not only was i very, very surprised (and confused, since my birthday isn't until the 27th), but i was unbelievably grateful.
i really needed it.
now a whole mess of us are headed back up to RV.
other things that happened yesterday:
-me and the besties got mani-pedis. our nails looks lovely. tab's fingers are a classy red with sparkly peachy pink toes. lu's nails are going for a st. tropez theme (to match our fake-tanned, toasty golden brown st. tropez legs), with golden sparkley fingernails and coral toes. i have mysteriously dark, dark sparkly purple fingernails and my favorite hooker pink colored toed.
-we had a not-amazing lunch, but whatevs.
-drinks and hors d'oeuvres at left bank.
-the ladies tricked me into believing we were going someplace later that required tickets. tab 'forgot' the tickets at the house, so we had to head back to get them. but there were no tickets, only a house full of my loved ones. wootwoot!
stuff is still pretty depressing and burly at the house, and i got sad about mom a few times yesterday, but it was an overall celebratory, laughing, smiling, chatting day, which was just right.

No comments: