Wednesday, July 18, 2007

baby 101.

i watched mykhail all by myself today, from 2pm to 8ish, his bedtime.

here are some things that went well:
1) he only cried once, and it was very briefly.
2) he ate for me, which he never does for his mother.
3) we cuddled like otters.
4) i changed his diaper twice, and it stayed on, and it caught the bodily stuff coming out, with no leakage.
5) i did not drop him or hurt him accidentally.
6) he did not choke or come to any harm.
7) he went straight to sleep with no fuss. again, this isn't common.
8) he is very smart, and he clapped at the part in the book where he was supposed to, and he waved at the right part, too. oh, and he points to ducks and says, 'du!' CUTE. he also points to the stove and says, 'hot!'

we are friends, me and this little person. he likes me, and trusts me, and will walk up to me and bury his face in my leg, or will lean in to rest against me.

it is really gratifying to have a baby really like me, when i like him very much, too.

this is promising, so that 2008 - year of the golden baby - doesn't culminate with me having to give my baby to someone s/he likes more.

i talked for a while with stef, when she got home from work. she's having a hard time, like everyone else during this crotch-kick of a year. i think i'll probably be spending a lot of time with mykhail, to help her out.

oh, also, did i mention we made an offer on a house and it got accepted so we're buying a house? yeah. whoa. it's true. we're terrified, and it's a singularly terrible time for it (mom dying of cancer, pondering a baby, stef needs help of a financial or energetic variety, we should be saving for costa rica, i have no job, etc.) but we're just going for it. possibly unwisely, but we're going for it nonetheless. it's a very exciting (SCARY) turn of events.

i'll post pictures of both mykhail (he's so cute you'll LITERALLY pee in your pants from it) and our house(!!!) when it's not 2am.

No comments: